Our music camps in Portland are:
**Receive $10 off for every friend that you refer to the camp- up to five friends per camp! This offer is good through 2018.**
KTL is serving up music camps on the following dates.
East side: Spring Break 2018
East side: mid-late June and mid-August 2018.
Why your kids will love it
Our music camps are comprehensive in their goals of not just music education but also group bonding, fun-having, and outdoor playing! We balance the joys of frolicking in the sun-soaked Portland summer air with time spent playing music in our air-conditioned rehearsal rooms.
We make music every day in various ensembles. Staff and campers help one another learn and grow as musicians. In each camp we focus on the joy of making music and the fundamentals that create it, plus instrument exploration, performance/jams, ear-training, mic-technique, and more.
No instrument or experience is necessary. Ages 7+ (some exceptions made for ages 5-6).
The top 5 qualities that set KTL Camps apart
- We limit the size of our camps so that everyone gets individualized attention from the teachers.
- We write up daily assessments for each camper. Assessments include detailed information on group and individual activities, camper strengths, and challenges.
- We give our campers a lot of choice in what songs they learn and perform and what instruments they focus their studies on.
- We use kid-friendly notation and our ears to learn music. In other words, our methods ease kids into the rigors of music education in a balanced and enjoyable way.
- Our teen volunteers function as a hybrid mentor/teacher/friend and delight the campers.
Music Camp Details
Monday-Friday 9am-4pm. Before care: 7-8am, After care: 4-5pm or later if needed.
Cost: $280/camper. One snack included. Non-refundable deposit of $50/camper due upon sign up.
$10/1hr for before/after care, $18/2hr.
***Multi-family member discounts available and applicable to after care.***
East side location: KTL’s Children’s Gym location, 1625 NE Sandy Blvd Portland 97232
Wanted: Teen volunteers to help, flexible hours. Receive a letter of recommendation from the director and use these hours towards any community service projects that you’re working on. Ages 12+